CRISIS COLES AND MORE

Good morning.

I was still perplexed when I went to my Coles store and saw that even after the panic buying and re-stocking in most areas,  there are shelves still empty.  Particularly the flour and flour based products, cake mixes and so on.  I have been telling you about stocking up for a very long time now, so guess what, I stocked up!  I am thinking about getting a dishwasher to keep up with the washing up which is something I didn't think of.  More cooking = more washing up.

Think about the flour problem.  Right now we can't go to cafes and restaurants.  Flour manufacturers depended on this sector of the market and it provided 50% of sales which are now down to 10% of their usual figures.  For cafes they manufactured and packed in bulk.  For general supermarket consumers they manufactured and packed in small packets.

It takes time to reconfigure not just the manufacture but the packing, the warehousing, the dispatch...
all of these aspects of wholesale and retail has to be adjusted with less staff and remaining staff working differently.  We have to be understanding, and when it is properly explained we can also adjust and wait until things improve which they will.

Mum said "Patience is a virtue find it where you can.  It is seldom in a woman and never in a man".  

Namaste.  Jahne

Comments

Popular Posts