SOX AND HARES

Thank you to the universe...  For the last few years I have been sharing the few "domestic art" skills I have and encouraging others to do the same as part of a barter network.  It seemed ridiculous to some, but goodness me, it has turned into something wonderful.  Today I had a delivery of SOX TO DARN that I know will turn into HARE when the job is done or when a hare is caught.
SOX IN WAITING...
In this time of living at a distance, I love these doorstop deliveries.  Today, Sox.

I get to sit watching the TV at night giving Sox and sweaters a second life, feeling that I am doing something very useful for myself and for the planet, with the advantage that I will have a supply of meat which we last me a long time.  Hare stew, pulled hare, potted hare, Mexican hare casserole, Bengali stew. A win-win situation for both me and the cat who has developed a deep desire for this particular (no fat) meat.  She is not interested in chicken, fussy about fish,  but hare?  She would scream the roof down if I didn't give her a portion. Who knew that mending and darning would be such a valuable skill?

Comments

Popular Posts